Saturday, April 12, 2008

Most Readable Blog?

Simple and effective message for all aspects of life is what I'm trying to deliver in this blog. I came across this article that discusses "Readability Index Calculator" that would scan the text of your blog to find out how readable your posts are. Hunter, in his blog, already scored some popular blogs to get a score. Check it out!

Out of curiosity I tried to get a score for this blog and here's what I got (Reading Ease score: 60; Grade level: 9):

Method used: Flesch-Kincaid (English).
Flesch-Kincaid Grade level: 9.
Flesch-Kincaid Reading Ease score: 60.
The Flesch-Kincaid Reading Ease score indicates how easy a text is to read. A high score implies an easy text. In comparison comics typically score around 90 while legalese can get a score below 10.
The Flesch-Kincaid Grade level indicates the grade a person will have to have reached to be able to understand the text. E.g. a grade level of 7 means that a seventh grader will be able to understand the text.

2 comments:

Alik Levin | Practice This said...

Thanks for the pointer!
My blog sucks a lot with readability
I have work to do now

alikl

OneMinutePost said...

Alik, thanks for visiting my blog. good luck with your blog...